Devilish Lemon Squares
Where oh where do i begin?
Sean ‘Forget your troubles c’mon it’s sean bell’ Bell and Julius ‘late twenties’ ‘bettywhite’ Thomas came over for dinner tonight and it was kinda awesome.
Sean and I started immediately hitting the wine and cheese while Julius hit the kitchen and made some CRAZY TASTY shrimp n’ grits.
Not one to let everyone else bring allllll the goodies I offered to make dessert:
- Don’t let the butter get quite to room temperature. Take it out of the fridge and squish it into the flour and sugar letting the heat from your hands soften it up. It’ll make the crust WAY more manageable.
- No need to grease the pan
- Zest the lemon before you cut and squeeze it. it’s kind of a DUH thing but…ya know…
- Go easy on the powdered sugar on top of the squares. these things aren’t exactly crying for more sugar, ok?
- Wait til the squares come just to room temp before cutting and serving. everyone loves a little squiggy dessert but…just go with me on this one.
- Topping them with various berries is always a good call, too! Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, snozzberries…wait…